Apple and cheddar… it’s a match made in breakfast sandwich heaven! Crunchy Pink Lady apples and sharp cheddar cheese team up with crispy bacon, buttery croissants and runny poached egg to create a fall-inspired breakfast sandwich that you’ll be happy to wake up to.
This dish is super easy and really delicious. I shouldn’t get this excited about a drizzly egg, but, just look at it! It’s the best when it comes to breakfast sandwich hangover food.
I don’t doubt for a second that you have all the ingredients to make this magic happen already in your kitchen…. It’s meant to be.
Enjoy with gusto,
Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 croissants, cut lengthwise
- 8 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 8 slices short cut bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 Pink Lady apples, sliced (see note)
- 4 eggs, poached (see note)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Split croissants and place in oven to warm through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Layer warmed croissants with 2 slices cheese each, return to oven and allow cheese to melt.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a frypan to your liking.
- At the same time, poach your eggs, using your preferred method.
- Remove croissants from oven and top the base halves with avocado and apple slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with prepared bacon and poached egg, then garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve with the top half of the split croissants to the side, break into your runny egg and enjoy!