Apple and cheddar… it’s a match made in breakfast sandwich heaven! Crunchy Pink Lady apples and sharp cheddar cheese team up with crispy bacon, buttery croissants and runny poached egg to create a fall-inspired breakfast sandwich that you’ll be happy to wake up to.
This dish is super easy and really delicious. I shouldn’t get this excited about a drizzly egg, but, just look at it! It’s the best when it comes to breakfast sandwich hangover food.
I don’t doubt for a second that you have all the ingredients to make this magic happen already in your kitchen…. It’s meant to be.
Enjoy with gusto,
Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 croissants, cut lengthwise
- 8 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 8 slices short cut bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 Pink Lady apples, sliced (see note)
- 4 eggs, poached (see note)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Split croissants and place in oven to warm through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Layer warmed croissants with 2 slices cheese each, return to oven and allow cheese to melt.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a frypan to your liking.
- At the same time, poach your eggs, using your preferred method.
- Remove croissants from oven and top the base halves with avocado and apple slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with prepared bacon and poached egg, then garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve with the top half of the split croissants to the side, break into your runny egg and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below, tag @jaimie.eats on Instagram and hashtag it #jaimieeats.