A healthy, colourful, chicken noodle bowl is so hot right now. Loaded with nuts, noodles, vegies, crowning-glory mango and sriracha-infused chicken breast, this chicken noodle bowl is healthy, plentiful and bursting with bold flavours.
I can never get enough of the sweet/spicy combo. It’s super fun to play around with the elements of hot, sour, salty and sweet… all with a bit of spice.
This noodle bowl is by no means a featherweight. It’s packed with so much that you will find yourself full without feeling heavy… so here’s to bright, sunny bowls of feel-good cuisine!
Enjoy with gusto,
Mango Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowl with Sweet Chilli Dressing
For the chicken and marinade
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (approx. 2 fresh limes)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the dressing
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice (approx. 3 fresh limes)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the salad
- 440 grams fresh Hokkien noodles
- 4 mango cheeks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, de-seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50 grams snow pea sprouts
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, Sriracha, garlic and salt – blending until smooth.
- In an airtight container or zip-lock bag, add the chicken and coat well with the mixture. Seal and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- When ready to cook, preheat grill or pan to high. Remove chicken from marinade and grill for about 5 minutes, before flipping the pieces and spooning remaining marinade on top. Grill for a further 5 minutes or until cooked and firm. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 2 minutes. Use a fork to separate the noodles before draining well.
- To make the dressing, place the sweet chilli, lime juice and sesame oil in a jar or bottle with a screw top lid. Seal tightly and shake until well combined.
- Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and drizzle with half the dressing. Toss gently to coat.
- Assemble the salad by dividing the noodles between 4 bowls. Add the chicken, mango, capsicum and sprouts. Sprinkle with the cashews and chilli flakes (to taste).
- Serve with lime wedges, fresh coriander and the remaining dressing on the side and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below, tag @jaimie.eats on Instagram and hashtag it #jaimieeats.
Can you replace the chicken pieces with steak?
I don’t see any reason why not! You’ve actually inspired me to try it 🙂
If you do it first, please let me know how it goes!